The National Field Hockey Coaches Association, Inc. (NFHCA) is seeking a qualified professional to plan and manage the association’s marketing, external communications and social media presence. The Director of Marketing and Communications will report to the NFHCA Executive Director and will work closely with the NFHCA Executive Board. The Director of Marketing and Communications will serve as an ex-officio member of the NFHCA Executive Board.
The successful candidate should possess exceptional oral and written communication skills as well as strong organizational skills. Candidates must be prepared to display proficiency in a variety of social media applications, in Adobe Illustrator, and in basic coding languages (HTML, CSS). This self-motivated individual shall have the desire to work from home, to work independently, and shall have the ability to work during Eastern Time Zone business hours. Candidates must possess a willingness to travel and to serve as the face of the NFHCA, when needed.
A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in athletic marketing, media relations, communications, sports information, or a related field is required.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the NFHCA’s external marketing efforts
- Prepare and disseminate all NFHCA press releases
- Manage the Collegiate National Coaches Polls
- Produce and disseminate the NFHCA Newsletter
- Produce and disseminate the NFHCA Guide to Recruiting & Collegiate Coaches Directory
- Provide daily maintenance and long-term design of the NFHCA website
- Manage and grow the association’s social media presence (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Work with outside entities to grow the association’s and the sport’s media presence
- Manage and oversee the NFHCA High School All-Region / All-American program
- Complete other marketing and communications related duties as assigned by the Executive Director and/or the NFHCA Executive Board
- Attend all NFHCA Executive Board Meetings, participate on NFHCA Executive Board conference calls, attend the NFHCA Annual Convention, and attend all NFHCA Top Recruit events.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The position is available immediately. A review of candidates will begin on March 1st and will continue until the position is filled.
Interested applicants should send a resume, a cover letter, a writing sample, and the names and email addresses of three (3) references to:
NFHCA Executive Director
3352 E Virgil Drive
Gilbert AZ 85298
Questions may be directed to Jenn Goodrich, NFHCA Executive Director at (480) 789-1136 or via email at email@example.com.